A U.S. private equity firm, KKR has made its first foray into
The maiden deal underscores the growing appeal of investing in the region on the back of a virtuous cycle of strong economic growth and improved governance over the last decade and a half that many have called "
The continent is the world's second fastest growing region, only behind developing
KKR is investing in Afriflora, an Ethiopian company which says it "cultivates, produces and sells sustainably grown roses" for the global market.
The deal will help the company to "fund expansion plans", according to one person familiar with the deal.
The country started its first rose farm in 2000.
Boosted by government loans, exports rose quickly from
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire