A U.S. private equity firm, KKR has made its first foray into
The maiden deal underscores the growing appeal of investing in the region on the back of a virtuous cycle of strong economic growth and improved governance over the last decade and a half that many have called "
The continent is the world's second fastest growing region, only behind developing
KKR is investing in Afriflora, an Ethiopian company which says it "cultivates, produces and sells sustainably grown roses" for the global market.
The deal will help the company to "fund expansion plans", according to one person familiar with the deal.
The country started its first rose farm in 2000.
Boosted by government loans, exports rose quickly from
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground