A woman looks at an electronic stock indicator of a securities firm in
Despite a negative note (-39 points) after the opening bell, Saudi Arabia's benchmark stock index inching its way higher finished Monday's trading at 9,892.12 points, up 0.39 percent from the previous close.
It performed within a range of 80.7 points, adding 38.61 points for the entire day.
Market cap indices all ended in the safe area, with
Most of the sector indices extended gains. Insurance sector stepped up to occupy the top position at Tadawul, surging 2.16 percent to close at 1,338.86. Retail was other significant advancing sector, gaining 1.13 percent.
On the worst side, Media and Publishing sector continued its downward fall, marking another steep decline of 5.84 percent and trimming back the 4,000-mark.
The advancers easily outnumbered declining stocks on the Tadawul; as for 69 percent stocks that gained, 21 percent ended lower and 10 percent closed unchanged.
Insurance stocks were the significant winners of the day with
Five Saudi companies including
Share trading activity remained low, as Tadawul volume went down to 237.4 million shares, a decline of nearly 32 percent over the previous level and the 50-day average level as well.
Liquidity also shrank to SR8.7 billion, 26 percent less than previous day's SR11.8 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile