The pound climbed to 1-1/2 year highs of 0.8040 against the euro and 1.5145 against the Swiss franc, from early lows of 0.8063 and 1.5097, respectively.
Moving away from early lows of 1.6784 against the US dollar and 171.17 against the yen, the pound rose to 6-day high of 1.6833 and 2 -day high of 171.80, respectively.
If the pound extends its gain, it is likely to find resistance around 0.79 against the euro, 1.52 against the Swiss franc, 1.69 against the greenback and 172.10 against the yen.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson