Newly single Jennifer Lopez is not dating Dancing With the Stars pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
Days after rumors began that the "I Luh Ya Papi" singer and Chmerkovskiy where having a fling, a source told Us Weekly that the two are "just friends."
Lopez, 44, and Chmerkovskiy met through the singer's best friend Leah Remini, a former DWTS contestant. Since then, the two have reportedly become friends and even performed together at the 2013 American Music Awards.
"She doesn't have a second to date anyone right now and it is definitely not romantic with Maksim," the insider said of Lopez, who has been keeping busy promoting her upcoming album A.K.A. and is expected to perform at the World Cup's opening ceremony in Brazil on Thursday.
Another source close to the situation said Remini is in fact "encouraging" the duo to become a couple.
News of Lopez's alleged new fling comes a week after it was revealed that she had split from boyfriend of two and a half years, Casper Smart.
Original headline: Jennifer Lopez and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are 'just friends' despite dating ...
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row