In the state of
Smartphones also are adding new phrases to our vocabulary, as shown by the nearly half of respondents that report accidentally "pocket-dialing" someone.
"From serving as a mobile office to shooting selfies and more - even by accident - Floridians are especially connected to their smartphones," said
The findings also showed that smartphone and user relationships are so strong that they actually rival others in their lives. Specifically, 73 percent would give up coffee, 37 percent would give up computers or laptops - and 11 percent would even call it quits with significant others before abandoning their smartphones!
Despite the affection for their devices, Floridians also have a habit of putting them in harm's way. About 31 percent have broken phones, while 29 percent have spilled food/drink on them. In a state largely surrounded by water, it's not surprising that 5 percent noted accidentally dropping phones in the ocean/gulf.
Additional findings from the
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia