The World bank on late Tuesday lowered its global economic growth forecast for 2014 to 2.8% from the 3.2% it estimated earlier.
Amid the crises in
In the economic news, wholesale prices in
Wholesale prices fell 0.9% in May over last year, following a 1.3% decline in April. This marked the eleventh consecutive decline in wholesale prices.
Meanwhile, Eurozone industrial production rose a seasonally adjusted 0.8% from March, when it fell 0.4%, which was revised from a 0.3% decline. Economists had forecast a 0.5% increase for April.
The euro dropped to a 1-1/2 year low of 0.8031 against the pound, from an early high of 0.8063. If the euro extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around the 0.79 zone.
Against the Canadian dollar and the yen, the euro slipped to a 5-month low of 1.4670 and a 4-month low of 137.78 from early highs of 1.4721 and 138.32, respectively. At yesterday's close, the euro was trading at 1.4701 against the loonie and 138.06 against the yen. The next possible downside target level for the euro is seen at 1.45 against the loonie and 136.21 against the yen.
Moving away from an early high of 1.3547 against the US dollar, the euro fell to a 1-week low of 1.3511. Yesterday's closing quote of the euro-greenback pair was worth 1.3530. The euro is likely to target support at 1.34 zone.
The euro fell to a 1-1/2-year low of 1.4366 against Australian dollar, from an early multi-day high of 1.4476. The pair closed yesterday's deals at 1.4412. The next possible downside target for the euro is seen at the 1.42 level.
Against the NZ dollar, the euro fell to a 1-year low of 1.5575 from an early high of 1.5807. If the euro extends its fall, it may possibly find support around the 1.54 area.
The Reserve Bank of
Against the Swiss franc, the euro fell to a 6-day low of 1.2168 from an early high of 1.2182. Yesterday's closing quote of the pair was worth 1.2172. The euro is likely to find support around the 1.20 area.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists