ENP Newswire -
Release date- 09062014 - Airbus Defence and Space's highly secure radio communications technology contributed to the success of security measures implemented during the festivities held in Caen,
A customised secure Tetrapol radio system was put into operation within the radio communications networks of the French police and national military police (Gendarmerie), as well as those of the armed and civil security forces.
The organisation of numerous national and international ceremonies over the whole territory of the landing beaches was a real challenge, both in terms of logistics and security as well as human resources. Over 12,000 police and military police officers, firefighters and military staff were mobilized and the secure interoperable radio communications systems provided by Airbus Defence and Space was used to guarantee security at this major international event.
In addition to the national shared transmission infrastructure (Infrastructure Nationale Partageable des Transmissions - INPT) used by French police and firefighters, and the
Together, these technologies formed a cornerstone of the extremely demanding measures, whose primary objective was to ensure the protection of around 20 heads of state and government, among them the President of the
The Topaze network was connected to
About Airbus Defence and Space
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad