The private sector in the
"Investments in sustainable development could cost as much as
Addressing public, private and civil society sectors of more than 30 countries at a high-level meeting in
The Executive Secretary urged Governments to engage with private sector "by creating a better enabling environment and incentivizing appropriately to compensate for risks and returns."
Specifically, she called on the policymakers and regulators of the region to work together with the private sector to improve the functioning of capital markets, institutions and regulatory frameworks, to foster the development of domestic institutional investors and to help build capacities especially in least developed countries and small island developing economies.
The two-day Asia-Pacific Outreach Meeting on Sustainable Development Financing is co-hosted by ESCAP and the
As agreed by world leaders at the
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges