U.S. stocks are opening lower in early trading on Wednesday after the
The Standard & Poor's 500 index was down seven points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,943. The Dow Jones industrial average was down 62 points, or 0.4 percent, to 16,883. The Nasdaq fell 15 points, or 0.4 percent, to 4,321.
The stock market still remains close to all-time highs after a slow and steady climb since April.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Student Entrepreneurs Get a Leg Up in Philly
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery