The U.S. stock market is closing lower after the
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell six points, or 0.4 percent, to close at 1,943 on Wednesday. The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 102 points, or 0.6 percent, to 16,843. The Nasdaq slipped six points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,331.
The stock market remains near all-time highs after a slow and steady climb since April.
Delta dropped 3 percent, making it the second-biggest loser among S&P 500 stocks. The sharp decline came after
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids