Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: D-- TV Services
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: VA26014I0752
Contact: Dean A UmathumContract Specialist 360-816-2786 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
VA Northwest Health Network
VA Northwest Health Network
This is for market research purposes only to determine the availability of potential businesses with capabilities to provide the services described below. Potential offerors are invited to provide feedback via e-mail to
The intended contract period is a one-year base period plus (4) four one-year option periods.
Potential contractors shall provide, at a minimum, the following information to
1) Company name, address, point of contact, phone number, e-mail address, and DUNS.
2) Is your firm eligible for participation in one of the following small business programs If so, please indicate the program. Anticipated North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 515210 - Cable and other subscription programming; the largest a firm can be and still qualify as a small business for Federal Government programs is no larger than
[ ] yes [ ] no Small Business (SB)
[ ] yes [ ] no HUBZone
[ ] yes [ ] no Small Business 8(a)
[ ] yes [ ] no Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
[ ] yes [ ] no Women-Owned (WO) Small Business
[ ] yes [ ] no Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
[ ] yes [ ] no Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB)
[ ] yes [ ] no Other (please specify)
3) What types of information is needed to submit accurate offers (I.E. number of TV's, required channels, etc.)
4) Comment on any current or potential technical, cost, schedule, or performance risks that you would like to make the Government aware of that concern the draft statement of work below. (i.e., problems or any other issues experienced with similar contracts). Include comments on the Draft SOW.
5) How is the service, as described in the draft SOW typically priced How could it be priced for a Government contract
6) Provide a brief capability statement (Max 2 pages) with enough information to determine if your company can meet the requirement. The Capabilities Statement for this sources sought is not expected to be a Request for Quotations, Request for Proposals or Invitation for Bids, nor does it restrict the Government to an ultimate acquisition approach, but rather the Government is requesting a short statement regarding the company's ability to provide the services outlined in the draft SOW below. Any commercial brochures or currently existing marketing material may also be submitted with the capabilities statement. Submission of capabilities statement will assist our office in tailoring the requirement to be consistent with industry standards. The capabilities will be evaluated solely for the purpose of determining to Set-Aside for the
The DRAFT Statement of Work follows.
Thank you for your participation.
STATEMENT OF WORK
SCOPE OF WORK
This is in anticipation of a non-personal firm fixed price contract for television services for Spokane, Roseburg, White City, and the Portland VAMC
1.0. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Scope of Work. The Contractor shall provide Television programming services (remote continuous feed) to Government facilities in the form of a "Basic or Extended package" that will meet the Government's minimum Television requirements for the performance of its official duties.
1.2. Channel Capacity. The Contractor shall provide the government with a Basic Tier, and Extended Tier of service option packages to select from (53 channels). However, at a minimum, each package must include the following Television Broadcast Stations:
1.2.1. 24-hour News and Weather Channel (CNN, HLN,
1.2.3. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU,
1.3. The television system shall consist of a "Basic or Extended package" of channels at a minimal, reasonable cost for Government facilities.
1.4. The period of performance for this service is being proposed from date of award for 12 months with 4 one year option periods.
2.0. SCHEDULED SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS. A notice to the Contractor to discontinue or reduce a service at a Government facility shall not result in the Government being charged fees for this service. No service charge, under any name, shall be assessed for disconnection or reduced service.
The Contractor shall promptly and courteously respond to complaints, including complaints brought to the Contractor's attention by the Contracting Officer.
The Contractor shall operate the system in a manner that protects against invasion of privacy and in conformance with the privacy requirements of federal law.
3.0. SAFETY AND SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
4.0. BUSINESS OFFICE contact.
The Contractor shall maintain a toll-free call telephone access line which shall be made available and provided to the Contracting Officer and designated Government representatives, 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. The office telephone numbers shall also be supplied to the Contracting Officer and the designated government representatives.
5.0. QUALITY CONTROL
The Contractor is responsible for controlling the quality of services that conform to the contract specifications. As a minimum, the Contractor shall develop quality control procedures addressing the performance objective (television services, continuous).
6.0. QUALITY ASSURANCE
The Government will regularly inspect the Contractor's performance under this contract. Inspection of services does not constitute acceptance of services, nor does it relieve the Contractor of any responsibility to take all actions necessary to assure the highest quality of services rendered.
7.0. TECHINICAL REFERENCES
National Electrical Code (NEC) ANS 1-2
TIA-607-B Commercial Building Grounding (Earthing) and Bonding Requirements for Telecommunications
8.0. EVALUATION CRITERIA
The Government will evaluate proposals as follows:
Award will be made on the basis of the lowest evaluated price of offers meeting or exceeding the acceptability standards and non-cost factors. The following factors will be evaluated:
Past Performance - Offerors shall provide contact information for two past performance references from previous contracts performed within the last 3 years that are similar in scope and complexity as the requirement in this solicitation.
Experience - Offerors shall provide information showing experience with installing and maintaining television services.
Failure to provide any of the required information above will result in an offer deemed non-responsive.
The Government will make an offer to one Offeror who is deemed responsible in accordance with the Federal Regulations and whose quote conforms to the solicitation requirements provides the best value for the Government.
9.0 SECTION 508
All Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) procured through this contract must meet the applicable accessibility standards at 36 CFR 1194, unless an agency exception to this requirement exists. 36 CFR 1194 implements Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and is viewable at http://www.access-board.gov/508.htm.
10.0 INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE
The designated VAMC authorized representative will perform inspection and acceptance. In the event the services are not in conformance with the terms of the contract, the Government may require re-performance of the nonconforming services at no additional cost or obligation to the Government.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day