Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "Calcineurin inhibitors inhibit the synthesis of inflammatory cytokines released from T cells and mast cells. In contrast to corticosteroids, calcineurin inhibitors act specifically on proinflammatory cells. Pimecrolimus shows comparative efficacy to mild topical corticosteroids and a special antipruritic effect. Furthermore, examinations of the systemic absorption of pimecrolimus implicated no systemic immunosuppression. In 2006, the
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Pimecrolimus should be considered as an alternative therapeutic approach in AE treatment management going along with a corticoid-sparing effect."
For more information on this research see: Pimecrolimus, a topical calcineurin inhibitor used in the treatment of atopic eczema. Expert Opinion On Drug Metabolism & Toxicology, 2013;9(11):1507-16 (see also Intracellular Signaling Peptides and Proteins).
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply