Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from the School of Medicine, "A total of 342 macular-centered and optic disc-centered digital retinal photographs from 171 subjects was selected randomly from a population-based study. Retinal vascular fractional dimension (D-f) was measured by two trained graders using a computer-assisted program (SIVA-FA, software version 1.0,
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The complexity of the retinal vasculature in the macula can be measured reliably and may be a useful tool to study parafoveal vascular networks in macula diseases, such as diabetic maculopathy."
For more information on this research see: Measurement of Macular Fractal Dimension Using a Computer-Assisted Program. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 2014;55(4):2237-2243. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years