Data from the
Unemployment rate dropped to 6.6% in the three months to April, compared to expectations of 6.7% fall.
The pound hit 0.8056 against the euro, a level not seen since
The pound climbed to 1.6790 against the greenback, bouncing off from an early 6-day low of 1.6737.
After falling to a 9-day low of 171.21 against the yen in early deals, the pound reversed direction and was trading higher at 171.79.
The pound advanced to 1.5125 against the franc, strongest since
The next possible upside target level for the pound is seen around 1.52 against the franc, 172.5 against the yen, 1.70 against the greenback and 0.80 against the euro.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street