Data from the
Unemployment rate dropped to 6.6% in the three months to April, compared to expectations of 6.7% fall.
The pound hit 0.8056 against the euro, a level not seen since
The pound climbed to 1.6790 against the greenback, bouncing off from an early 6-day low of 1.6737.
After falling to a 9-day low of 171.21 against the yen in early deals, the pound reversed direction and was trading higher at 171.79.
The pound advanced to 1.5125 against the franc, strongest since
The next possible upside target level for the pound is seen around 1.52 against the franc, 172.5 against the yen, 1.70 against the greenback and 0.80 against the euro.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE