No assignee for this patent application has been made.
Reporters obtained the following quote from the background information supplied by the inventors: "This invention pertains to the backflow prevention industry. Currently, all backflow prevention testing and certification must be performed in a wet-lab with a working physical mock-up of a backflow preventer. Moreover, the trainer and trainees are required to be physically present in the same wet-lab."
In addition to obtaining background information on this patent application, VerticalNews editors also obtained the inventor's summary information for this patent application: "This invention eliminates the need for a wet-lab for training, testing and certification as well as the requirement that the trainees be physically present in a wet-lab classroom with the trainer. This invention allows the trainer to conduct virtual training via the internet with the trainees located offsite at their personal computers. There is no wet-lab required as all of the functions of a working physical mock-up of a backflow preventer are replicated in the software program's interactive three-dimensional display. The virtual backflow preventer is controlled and manipulated by the trainer; the trainees respond to various scenarios initiated by the trainer who then monitors the trainees' responses."
For more information, see this patent application: Hyatt,
Keywords for this news article include: Patents, Software.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007