The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "This pre dye treatment with natural dye has yielded colored TiO2 nanoparticles with uniform adsorption of natural dye, reduced agglomeration, less dye aggregation and improved morphology. The pure and pre dye treated TiO2 nanoparticles were subjected to structural, optical, spectral and morphological studies. Dye sensitized solar cells (DSSC) fabricated using the pre dye treated and pure TiO2 nanoparticles sensitized by natural dye extract of lawsonia inermis seed showed a promising solar light to electron conversion efficiency of 1.47% and 1% respectively."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The pre dye treated TiO2 based DSSC showed an improved efficiency of 47% when compared to that of conventional DSSC."
For more information on this research see: Natural dye extract of lawsonia inermis seed as photo sensitizer for titanium dioxide based dye sensitized solar cells. Spectrochimica Acta Part A-Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2014;128():420-426. Spectrochimica Acta Part A-Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S. Ananth,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia