Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from the Faculty of Pharmacy, "In this paper, targeting peptides are conjugated to antisense interleukin-6 via a copper (I) catalyzed alkyne-azide cycloaddition click reaction. A simple and reproducible solution-phase conjugation procedure was investigated. Oligonucleotide-peptide conjugations were characterized by reverse-phase high-pressure liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The results show that the targeting peptides can be used for targeting delivery of oligonucleotides using the aforementioned conjugation."
For more information on this research see: Conjugation of peptides to antisense interleukin-6 via click chemistry. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 2014;21(10):1247-54. (
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include: Biotechnology,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers