Singer Morrissey canceled the rest of his current U.S. tour dates and blamed his respiratory infection on his opening act,
"It is with great sadness that the remainder of the US Tour has been cancelled," the 55-year-old British singer said in a statement via his Facebook page. "The respiratory infection Morrissey contracted in
The former Smiths frontman, whose real name is
The True to You report blamed Young, an American singer, for passing her "horrendous cold" on to Morrissey. Young contradicted the report in a
According to The Guardian, Young wrote that she had suffered from an allergy attack, not a cold, but Morrissey's management team still asked her to leave the tour.
"I am very sorry that Morrissey is not feeling well," she said, but "will not tolerate these lies."
"This is really too much and bizarre," she added.
Morrissey had to cancel his last U.S. tour due to multiple medical problems, including a bleeding ulcer and pneumonia. He said at the time that his doctors had advised him to give up on touring.
"I have been cautioned to, but it's difficult for me because it's very ingrained in me."
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Homebuilder Confidence at Highest Since January
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- 'Turtles' Easily Tops 'Expendables 3' at Weekend Box Office
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- St. Francis Names Rodriguez as New Dean