Singer Morrissey canceled the rest of his current U.S. tour dates and blamed his respiratory infection on his opening act,
"It is with great sadness that the remainder of the US Tour has been cancelled," the 55-year-old British singer said in a statement via his Facebook page. "The respiratory infection Morrissey contracted in
The former Smiths frontman, whose real name is
The True to You report blamed Young, an American singer, for passing her "horrendous cold" on to Morrissey. Young contradicted the report in a
According to The Guardian, Young wrote that she had suffered from an allergy attack, not a cold, but Morrissey's management team still asked her to leave the tour.
"I am very sorry that Morrissey is not feeling well," she said, but "will not tolerate these lies."
"This is really too much and bizarre," she added.
Morrissey had to cancel his last U.S. tour due to multiple medical problems, including a bleeding ulcer and pneumonia. He said at the time that his doctors had advised him to give up on touring.
"I have been cautioned to, but it's difficult for me because it's very ingrained in me."
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly