NEW YORK (AP) — Morrissey has canceled the rest of his U.S. tour to recover from a respiratory infection that has worsened.
His representative said in a statement Tuesday the 55-year-old singer wants to make a full recovery and has to withdraw from the shows.
Morrissey kicked off his tour last month. The English singer played several dates before he contracted a respiratory infection in Miami. He was expected to wrap up the tour on June 21 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
The statement says the former Smiths frontman thanks his fans "for their compassion, understanding, and well-wishes."
Morrissey canceled a North American tour last year after suffering from double pneumonia, a bleeding ulcer and a gastrointestinal problem called Barrett's esophagus.
He will release a new album next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free