NEW YORK (AP) — Morrissey has canceled the rest of his U.S. tour to recover from a respiratory infection that has worsened.
His representative said in a statement Tuesday the 55-year-old singer wants to make a full recovery and has to withdraw from the shows.
Morrissey kicked off his tour last month. The English singer played several dates before he contracted a respiratory infection in Miami. He was expected to wrap up the tour on June 21 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
The statement says the former Smiths frontman thanks his fans "for their compassion, understanding, and well-wishes."
Morrissey canceled a North American tour last year after suffering from double pneumonia, a bleeding ulcer and a gastrointestinal problem called Barrett's esophagus.
He will release a new album next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million