The 55-year-old erstwhile front man of the alternative rock band The Smiths said it was with "unimaginable sorrow" that he was scrapping the tour, which was to include a performance with British pop singer
Morrissey said on
In 2013, the artist canceled several U.S. tour dates due to a bleeding ulcer, an esophagus abnormality and pneumonia.
Morrissey - an outspoken animal rights activist and staunch critic of the British monarchy - is best known as the former lead singer of The Smiths, which earned critical and popular success in the 1980s on the strength of the band's witty lyrics and mordant sense of humor and
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges