Co-funded by the
In her launching statement, Education minister
"With a portfolio of 18.8 M dollars, the READ project will support interventions that address issues of access and equity in education, the quality of teaching and learning and institutional strengthening, all of which are geared towards providing basic and secondary education of good quality within the framework of Education For All on one hand and the
Minister Faye further explained that the new project will feature the implementation of the customized transport, early grade literacy intervention, teacher-training reform, continuous professional development, allowances, community-based early childhood development, school grant for public upper basic schools in regions 3 to 6, assessment, classroom construction and school-level monitoring.
According to her, the introduction of the READ project will ensure that the sector achieves its goals in a timely manner.
The execution of key activities is linked to specific indicators, with a financial incentive provided for each activity that is accomplished as scheduled by the ministry, she added.
The Education minister also announced that "history is being made for the first time in the history of the education sector in this country; that a project is being launched for implementation with funding from two traditional partners namely, the
She added: "For the first time in history, a project is being launched for implementation with clear linkages with results for education achievement and development, as well as specific disbursement indicators."
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth