Reuters - Viva Kuwait reported a more than six-fold rise in annual profit on Monday as the mobile telecommunications operator increased its customer base by a third.
The Saudi Telecom Co (STC) affiliate made a net profit of
Viva, which competes with Zain and
This increase has boosted its market share to 33% from 29%, the company said.
Viva, which launched operations in 2008 and turned profitable in 2012, said its annual revenue rose 33% to
STC owns 26% of Viva, while Kuwait’s government holds 24%.
Viva sold the remaining 50% in a
In its annual report, Viva said it applied to the
The CMA could not be immediately reached for comment.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire