Itís the missing piece of the puzzle that we have been looking for all this while. While smartphone technology has advanced by leaps and bounds in these past few years, battery technology has yet to catch up. As a matter of fact, smartphones would have progressed much further by now if powering them wasn't so difficult with existing batteries.
According to a research team at
"You can't just wait for the best battery technology to come along,"
Chandra states that while some hardware capability has improved exponentially in recent years, batteries' capacity to store energy efficiently has only doubled in the past decade and a half.† The researcher and his team are working on a number of hardware and software optimisations that might dramatically improve smartphone battery life, among which, a new system that uses two smaller smartphone batteries instead of one.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map