Stocks closed higher amid higher trades led by selected stocks across the board on strong valuations despite concerns for terror attacks in the country.
At local equity market, benchmark 100-share index posted a fresh gain of 68.20 points or 0.23 per cent to end the day at 29540.72 after opening at 29472.52 points of the previous day.
Ahsan Mehanti, analyst at
KSE-allshare went up 16.91 points or 0.08 percent to finish the trading at 21850.41 points, KSE-30 gained 30.67 points or 0.15 per cent to stop the trading at 20243.37 points while KMI-30 increased by 456.45 points or 0.97 percent to conclude the session at 47651.12 points. Bourse traded 232.402m shares after opening at 132.973m shares and the value of traded shares climbed to
A dealer said selective stock picking by financial institutions helped market to recover. Institutional interest in KEL and NBP helped them post gains with healthy volumes. Cement stocks also remained in limelight with LUCK closing at upper circuit limit. Some profit taking was seen in UBL ahead of its book building.
Out of 363 active companies, 167 closed in green and 165 companies declined while the values of 363 stocks remained intact. Nestle Pak was the biggest price loser of the day, down by
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana