MOST youths cannot access loans from the Sh6 billion
Speaking in Mombasa town yesterday,
"The ministry has set up requirements and regulations that render the fund inaccessible and out of reach of most youths across the country. The funds need to be given in an easier way if they are really meant to benefit the youth," Khalid said.
He said the 30 per cent of all tenders set aside for the youth at both national and county levels are also not reaching them.
He said calls to the youth to take advantage of the fund might end up being a "lip service" and the youth will remain poor if interventions are not made to provide the fund and tenders.
"Other hurdles include registering groups, which is also very cumbersome. The youth are also required to have recommendations and bank accounts. Opening those accounts require resources, which the youth don't have," Khalid said.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Garcia Takes a Long Shot at McCarthy