Equity's value of outstanding mortgages clocked Sh5.28 billion in 2013 and is closing in on rival top-tier lender
Stand-alone mortgage lender Housing Finance returned to the top position last year as the largest home loans financier with Sh35.28 billion, toppling KCB's mortgage division whose mortgages totalled Sh34.03 billion.
HF had the highest number of mortgages for the third consecutive year, which rose to 5,402 mortgage accounts compared to 5,235 in the previous year and 4,932 in 2011. It's non-performing mortgage accounts however increased to 594 last year from 396 in 2012.
CBK said non-performing mortgage loans increased to due a carry-over effect from high interest rates in 2012 that continued to impact on financed homebuyers.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges