Equity's value of outstanding mortgages clocked Sh5.28 billion in 2013 and is closing in on rival top-tier lender
Stand-alone mortgage lender Housing Finance returned to the top position last year as the largest home loans financier with Sh35.28 billion, toppling KCB's mortgage division whose mortgages totalled Sh34.03 billion.
HF had the highest number of mortgages for the third consecutive year, which rose to 5,402 mortgage accounts compared to 5,235 in the previous year and 4,932 in 2011. It's non-performing mortgage accounts however increased to 594 last year from 396 in 2012.
CBK said non-performing mortgage loans increased to due a carry-over effect from high interest rates in 2012 that continued to impact on financed homebuyers.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down