Emerging Markets Payments (EMP), an electronic payments processing company with presence in
"The opening of the EMP office in
The company offers the full range of card schemes and covers all payment channels, including cards, mobile and e-commerce as well as a range of e-government services, such as national ID with payment capability, subsidy management and social welfare payments.
Edwards said is a strong correlation between access to financial services and growth in GDP. While the growth of M-Pesa has been remarkable, he added, there is still a long way to go to ensure that the national payments infrastructure supports a modern, dynamic economy. "We believe we can play a key role in the evolving national payments system. We are the most experienced EMV processor on the continent, having been promoting the standard for over 10 years," said Edwards.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges