GuardianMPS is pleased to confirm that the
Significant risks often exist for workers in child welfare and social service agencies who visit clients daily in their homes. A national survey* confirmed that 58% of social workers in the US have directly experienced violence at work.
"Our DFS workers are wonderfully dedicated and committed to helping children. The issues that they deal with however, are complex and challenging. They often engage with clients at the exact moment when they are under great emotional stress. Taking advantage of this technology seemed like a great way to help ensure they remain safe as safe as possible while they carry out this important work."
DFS participated in a three month pilot project. Based on the success of that pilot, the Division has now entered into an annual contract with GuardianMPS, and expanded its use for case workers in the field. Director Kelly added, "GuardianMPS's system has proven to be reliable and provides our workers with immediate connection to emergency services personnel. Having tested the system we found it delivered as promised." Options for expanding the use of this technology include logging in worker activity via smart phones.
(All trademarks, brand names and copyright fully acknowledged)
Note: Guardian MPS is the US subsidiary of Guardian24, a
*Newhill, PhD, ACSW, 2011
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11928377.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids