Chappelle appeared on "The Late Show With David Letterman" on Tuesday night, his first late-night appearance in more than six years. Chappelle has kept a mostly low-profile since abruptly exiting "Chappelle's Show" in 2005.
Said Chappelle: "Technically, I never quit. I'm seven years late for work."
The 40-year-old comic next week begins a string of stand-up performances at
The comedian acknowledged he sometimes misses the lucrative payoff of his Comedy Central contract.
He says "the only difference between having
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American