"Our young men and young women need to have the opportunity to succeed after graduation from college or a training program," said Congresswoman Clarke, who recently co-sponsored a bill that would allow borrowers to refinance their student loans, a choice already available to borrowers with other types of loans. "The majority of college students cannot complete their education without access to loans, and many graduates depart from college with tens of thousands of dollars in debt (or more in some instances).
Total student loan debt in
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140611-4763313 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border