The 5G technology, which remains on papers, will have a connection speed similar to the fiber Internet, the fastest fixed-line connection as of today, said Xi.
Xi, who heads the world's largest carrier by subscriber number, did not disclose the possible launch date of 5G service. Analysts believe commercial use of 5G in
Local research of next-generation telecom technologies is most likely to get government support in the coming years however, meaning the development process could be greatly shortened.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE