The 5G technology, which remains on papers, will have a connection speed similar to the fiber Internet, the fastest fixed-line connection as of today, said Xi.
Xi, who heads the world's largest carrier by subscriber number, did not disclose the possible launch date of 5G service. Analysts believe commercial use of 5G in
Local research of next-generation telecom technologies is most likely to get government support in the coming years however, meaning the development process could be greatly shortened.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go