PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. (AP) — An Arizona man arrested for unlawfully discharging a firearm told authorities that he was trying to shoot the moon.
Prescott Valley police say 39-year-old Cameron Read also admitted to smoking marijuana before the incident last Friday night.
Police responded to the home after a woman reported that her boyfriend had fired several shots from a handgun and still was armed.
The woman and her teenage son told police that Read was talking about seeing Halley's Comet and fired a round out of the window.
They heard several more shots before fleeing.
Police say Read has been booked into the Yavapai County Jail on suspicion of felony counts of unlawful discharge of a firearm, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and endangerment plus misdemeanor criminal damage.
He doesn't have an attorney yet.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack