Dow Jones ended up 2.82 points, or less than 0.1 per cent, to 16945.92. The Dow hovered just below the flat line for most of the session before nudging into positive territory just ahead of the closing bell. That extended the Dow's streak of record-high closes to four sessions, the longest such streak of the year.
The S&P 500 index inched lower by 0.48 of a point, or less than 0.1 per cent, to 1950.79, snapping a four-session streak of record closes. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 1.75 points, or less than 0.1 per cent, to 4338.
Technology and internet stocks, marked by hyper levels of growth and concerns about valuation, ranked among the day's biggest performers, with a number of big names also up for the day.
But shares in
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis