For the fourth consecutive year, Sikorsky Aircraft, a subsidiary of
The national program, which challenges kids to design a Helicopter of the Future, kicked off
The competition is part of Sikorsky s commitment to encouraging hands-on learning in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) for students throughout the country and gives the corporation an opportunity to develop long-term relationships with tomorrow s engineers.
I m thrilled to see the growing popularity of the program with children and adults alike, said
The winner of the 2014 competition will receive the Igor Sikorsky Youth Innovator Award along with the scholarship. In addition, the young innovator will be flown to Sikorsky s headquarters in
Last year s winner,
Sikorsky is co-sponsor of the annual challenge with By Kids For Kids, a
Museums throughout the country will use fun, hands-on activities to help students imagine the environmental future and challenges of helicopters. Teachers and museum staff can sign up at www.helicopter2050.com to receive free program materials. Students can enter the competition at www.helicopter2050.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply