Readers will be able to get their daily dose of The New Paper (TNP) on their smartphones from
The new apps, which will be available for Android and iPhone smartphones, will start by going big on the
Aside from the soccer coverage, the apps will feature the mix of sports, entertainment and human interest content that the leading tabloid has become known for since its launch 25 years ago.
TNP also promises to be a guide to the most interesting and engaging news of the day by curating the best of what's available from around the world. In keeping with the paper's DNA, there will be some fun interactive fun elements, too.
Here's a summary of the app's features: FREE CONTENT Top 10: TNP's top pick of the most interesting news online as the day goes by Free Stuff: Updated news (including entertainment, sports and cool multimedia content) from around the world 24/7 Your Stuff: Users can contribute to the news by sharing their views, photos and videos Gamification: Users gain points each time they use the app and redeem prizes using the points
PREMIUM CONTENT (From
Those who download the apps
The iOS app for the iPhone can be downloaded from its
TNP reader and popular food blogger
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?