ENP Newswire -
Release date- 09062014 -
The national program, which challenges kids to design a Helicopter of the Future, kicked off
The competition is part of Sikorsky's commitment to encouraging hands-on learning in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) for students throughout the country and gives the corporation an opportunity to develop long-term relationships with tomorrow's engineers.
'I'm thrilled to see the growing popularity of the program with children and adults alike,' said
The winner of the 2014 competition will receive the Igor Sikorsky Youth Innovator Award along with the scholarship. In addition, the young innovator will be flown to Sikorsky's headquarters in
Last year's winner,
Sikorsky is co-sponsor of the annual challenge with By Kids For Kids, a
Museums throughout the country will use fun, hands-on activities to help students imagine the environmental future and challenges of helicopters. Teachers and museum staff can sign up at www.helicopter2050.com to receive free program materials. Students can enter the competition at www.helicopter2050.com.
By Kids For Kids (BKFK) is a platform that empowers youth invention, innovation and entrepreneurship. BKFK promotes youth social innovation and partners with leading corporations to inspire product development, crucial technology skills, invention, and innovation in young people. BKFK provides a unique platform for young people to develop, showcase, and commercialize their products, inventions and entrepreneurship. BKFK's 'cycle of innovation' develops critical 21st Century skills in our nation's youth. The company provides educational resources, curriculum and challenges that promote social change, product development and entrepreneurial endeavors. For more about BKFK visit www.bkfk.com.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Democrats' Control of Senate Could Depend on Women