Tracking firm Asian trends, the sensex resumed strong and immediately improved further to a high of 25,711.11 — a new historic intra-day high. Sustained buying by foreign funds and retail investors after
But it succumbed to selling pressure in mid-morning deals to a low of 25,347.33 on fears over the below normal monsoon for the year 2014.
Similarly, the 50-issue CNX Nifty of the NSE also edged up by 1.80 points or 0.02 per cent to register its an all-time high of 7,656.40. It hit an intra-trade life-time high of 7,683.20.
Shares from consumer durable, IT, technology and pharmaceuticals sectors closed with gains while from realty, refinery, capital goods, power and metal finished with losses.
Sensex-based counters like
Meanwhile, foreign institutional investors (FIIs) bought shares worth a net
Asian stocks ended mixed with upward bias.
In a tight range yesterday, the Indian currency declined further by
Hesitancy in local equities also somewhat weighed on the rupee while sustained capital inflows continued to give support to it and also restricted the fall to certain extent.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange (
The dollar index was up by 0.24 per cent against its major global opponents ahead of data on job openings and wholesale inventories. The premium for forward dollar fell back sharply on fresh receipts by importers.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant