Industrial output gained 0.4% in April from March, when it grew by revised 0.1%. The rate matched economists' expectations. The increase in total production reflected increase of 0.4% in manufacturing, the fifth consecutive increase since
On a yearly basis, industrial production grew 3% versus 2.5% in March. This was the eighth consecutive increase since
The pound rose to 5-day highs of 1.5117 against the Swiss franc and 0.8063 against the euro, from early lows of 1.5062 and 0.8093, respectively.
Against the Yen and the US dollar, the pound rose to 172.05 and 1.6810 from early multi-day lows of 171.63 and 1.6779, respectively.
If the pound extends its gain, it is likely to find resistance around 0.79 against the euro, 1.52 against the franc, 173.21 against the yen and 169.00 against the greenback.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe