Great news from
That is one key finding from "The Infinite Dial 2014: A Look at Adult Contemporary P1s." The new report is the latest in the continuing series of format breakouts from
Adult Contemporary P1s are more likely than the average for P1s to all formats to have a profile on social media (72% to 67% overall).
One key finding of The Infinite Dial is that 80% of listeners to AM/FM radio feel listening to commercials is a fair trade for free radio, with even more Adult Contemporary P1s agreeing with that statement (87%).
Keeping up-to-date with music is important to 55% of Adult Contemporary P1s, compared to 47% of the total sample age 12 and older. And among this group who says it is important to keep current with music, a larger number than average say they use AM/FM radio to find out about music (89% of Adult Contemporary P1s versus 75% among the total).
The Adult Contemporary P1s sampled by "The Infinite Dial" have an average age of 44; 33% are 12-to-34-years-old, 32% are 35-54, and 35% are age 55-plus.
RBR-TVBR observation: This kind of research is great news and will help further broaden the activation of FM chips in cellphones. As well, with the NextRadio app, consumers are going to "rediscover radio" in ever-increasing numbers. Consumers still like radio, but the "packaging" is wrong for on-the-go listening. A smartphone with the NextRadio app is actually full of internet-era technology—and looks much more acceptable than carrying around a transistor radio these days.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks