The deal has been made in a bid to boost incomes and develop access to services in FSM.
Among the areas the strategy will focus on are improvements to infrastructure, comprising the electricity supply and telecommunications, raising revenue from fishing and toughening the investment climate.
The first programme to go ahead under the strategy, which will run to 2017, is a
This is directed at raising the available power generation capacity and efficiency of the four state power utilities to make the electricity supply more sustainable and affordable.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge