In January, Emirates NBD launched the interactive teller machines in partnership with NCR in
The machine, which authenticates users' identity through the scanning of their Emirates ID, allows them to make transactions, such as dispensing cash, with a teller via video.
Now, NCR has introduced the Interactive Banker for the first time in the region. "We don't have any customers [for the Interactive Banker]," said
The Interactive Banker is a software that is downloaded to a tablet, which is connected to a kiosk at a bank. Through the tablet, customers can contact a teller to help with the completion of a transaction.
Globally, cash withdrawals from ATMs was up 10 per cent last year over 2012, says Stelios Fragkos, NCR's vice president of financial industry for
"Globally, cash dispenses are increasing faster than digital payments," he said. However, he pointed out that digital payments grew by 8.5 per cent in 2013 over the previous year. Non-cash payments is valued at around
In terms of retail technologies, NCR launched the NCR Self Service Check Out, a machine which allows users to scan their purchases and pay by cash, coins and cards. It also launched the NCR RealScan 79 Bi-Optic Imager and the NCR RealPOS XR7.
The company also introduced a self-service check-in app for travellers. It is used by scanning a bar code, which travellers receive upon inputting an e-ticket number, onto a kiosk. NCR also showcased the Wayfinding Solution, a terminal that helps travellers navigate themselves around the airport, such as determining which counter to go to.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant