Student loan debt today totals
"For thousands of
The Bank on Students Emergency Loan Refinancing Act would allow eligible student loan borrowers to refinance their high-interest federal loans to the low rates offered to new federal student loan borrowers. The bill would also allow eligible students with loans from the private market to refinance their high-interest private student loans by converting the private loans to government loans. Those who refinance their private loans would gain access to the protections and benefits of the federal student loan programs.
The legislation is fully paid for.
McCaskill previously fought for an expansion of federal student loans, and recently led the charge to prevent a drastic increase in student loan interest rates. McCaskill also helped pass the College Cost Reduction and Access Act, which made college more affordable for
Read more about McCaskill's work to expand educational opportunities HERE (http://www.mccaskill.senate.gov/?p=issue&id=308)
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia