Most of the major sectors are showing only modest moves in mid-day trading, contributing to the lackluster performance by the broader markets.
Brokerage stocks continue to see notable weakness, however, with the NYSE Arca Broker/Dealer Index falling by 1.1%. The loss by the index comes after it ended the previous session at a two-month closing high.
Commercial real estate, airline, and computer hardware stocks are also seeing some weakness on the day, although selling pressure has waned from earlier in the session.
Meanwhile, gold stocks have shown a strong move to the upside, moving higher along with the price of the precious metal. With gold for August delivery climbing
Currently, the major averages are posting modest losses on the day. The Dow is down 11.78 points or 0.1% at 16,931.32, the Nasdaq is down 6.13 points or 0.1% at 4,330.11 and the S&P 500 is down 2.93 points or 0.2% at 1,948.34.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids