JCR-VIS reaffirms entity ratings of
Following is the text of press release issued by
The assigned ratings take into account low business risk profile of the company emanating from strong market dynamics related to oil and gas exploration sector, in general, and strategic importance of OGDCL in the local context, in particular.
While pursuing growth opportunities translating into enhanced production capacity through continuing exploration activities, the company has maintained low business risk profile. Maintenance of debt free capital structure by the company translates into low financial risk profile.
Shareholding structure of the company, whereby around three-fourth shares are held by the Government of
Trade debts were settled against government backed Privately Placed Term Finance Certificates and Pakistan Investment Bonds. While the inter-corporate debt, mainly against a gas utility company, has started to pileup again, though at a slower rate, the management is hopeful of more frequent periodic payments against receivables, going forward.
Despite severe liquidity issues in the energy sector in recent years, the company has been able to manage business activities without utilizing bank borrowings. With improving cash flow situation, the management has envisaged higher exploration related capital expenditure in the on-going year. The company has been recently awarded new blocks through participation in competitive bidding process; this has enhanced the acreage under exploration by more than two times.
For more information, contact:
Tel: at 021-35311861-70
Fax: +9221 35311872-3
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years