Low-cost operations realized with latest technologies and best practices NTT Com, leveraging its vast experience and know-how concerning data center construction and global operations, has designed
The facility, which also features highly efficient power equipment, theoretically will be capable of a 1.3 Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) rating, which would be a first in the surrounding
Compared to similar facilities, construction and operating costs will be reduced by some 30% through use of an existing building foundation, adoption of mega-structure designing to reduce steel consumption while maintaining rigidity, and a highly efficient facility layout.
Optimum disaster-recovery features for business continuity planning (BCP) Located in the heart of
The building is seismically engineered to withstand earthquakes equal to the Kobe Earthquake of 1995 or the Great East Japan Earthquake of 2011. It also is calculated to minimize impact to customer equipment in the case of large vertical movements that are forecast possibly to occur in an earthquake directly beneath the area s Uemachi fault. Furthermore, the facility is connected directly to a large quakeproof communication cable tunnel that is designed to protect cables during earthquakes, as well as road construction.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos