Troubled Italian airline Alitalia said that it would seek to secure a final deal to make
Alitalia has been charged to continue negotiations for the drafting of a definitive agreement with the
The board of directors of Alitalia gives a mandate to close negotiations with Etihad.
Etihad has been negotiating to buy up to 49% of the stricken Italian flag carrier, which is facing bankruptcy.
Talks stumbled over Alitalia s heavy debt load and predicted job cuts of between 2,400 and 2,500 Etihad wants as part of the deal.
The issue of debt had still not been discussed after a meeting between the banks and the Italian government. Unions are expected to meet on
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High