Saudi Arabia's Tadawul All-Share Index (TASI) finished with a balmy gain of 13.56 points or 0.14 percent on Tuesday. The index wavering along the break-even line within a range of 60.8 points edged higher to 9,905.68 points. On year-to-date basis, it crossed a positive return of 16 percent.
Hotel & tourism sector advanced 785 points or 3.42 percent over the day, posting the biggest gains among all sectors. Retail sector followed it, advancing by 1.1 percent to 16,392.52.
Media and Publishing sector, on the contrary, marked its fourth consecutive decline, reducing 6.12 percent further to 3,633.86. The sector index has trimmed 22.0 percent in these four sessions.
Heavy weights closed in mixed fashion, where
Market breadth with advance-decline ratio of 0.7:1 remained slightly negative.
Share price of
A good amount of volume 310.5 million shares was liquidated at Tadawul, an increase of 30.8 percent from the previous day but still it was 11.4 percent lower than 50-day average level.
Equity turnover reached to SR11.1 billion, remaining slightly greater than 50-day average value.
Most of the trading was concentrated in
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Dollar Tree Falls in Q2
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All