THE public sector gas company,
According to GAIL chairman
GAIL plans to charter 6-8 LNG carriers for shipping gas from the US to
GAIL aims to sign more deals with
GAIL has a deal to buy 3.5 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) of LNG for 20 years from the US-based Cheniere Energy and has also booked capacity for another 2.3 mtpa at
The company is in talks with Indian customers, except those from the regulated power and fertiliser sectors, for gas sales agreements ahead of supplies from the US in 2017-18.
"Sometime by the end of July we hope to sign deals for 3.5-4 mtpa of US LNG volumes... We are selling largely to city gas distribution companies, steel, textile and ceramics as well as refineries," the Chairman said.
GAIL aims to trade one mtpa of the super-cooled gas sourced from
With such a roadmap ahead, Tripathi also declare that GAIL's turnover went up by 17 per cent to `
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare