ESI, the innovative designer and manufacturer of high-performance business telephone systems and cloud services, today offered insight for telecommunications resellers on why they should introduce Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking services to their customer base, and how they can educate businesses on this rapidly-growing communications technology.
"As broadband Internet becomes increasingly available to businesses, the forecast is bright for SIP trunking services," said
SIP Trunking Offers Many Benefits for SMBs
SIP trunking technology has been available since the 1990s, but with
When introducing SIP trunking to potential users, resellers should focus on its four core benefits.
1. Cost Savings – With a broadband connection, businesses can combine data and voice – including local and long distance calling – into one package. "We've seen businesses reduce their monthly connectivity expenses from 50 to even 75 percent," said Platt. "With numbers like that, it's hard to ignore SIP trunking as a viable option."
2. Disaster Recovery – The key to consistent communications in the face of a disaster is redundancy Businesses that make the switch safeguard against losing their communication services in event of a site failure or disaster. Services are architected to provide failover to other sites or phone numbers, ensuring users have limited interruption in services and can access the same feature and functionalities.
3. Scalability – With a SIP trunk, scalability is only limited by bandwidth. When a business needs to add an extra phone line, there's no need to buy new equipment. As long as there is availability bandwidth, those lines are just a few keystrokes away.
4. Stepping Stone to Cloud Services – One benefit that often overlooked by resellers is how SIP trunking can help users ease their way into Cloud services. Even if they want to maintain an on-premise solution, they can still install SIP trunks and experience the benefits of VoIP.
ESI's Free eBook: Making the Business Case for SIP Trunking
To help resellers understand the advantages of offering SIP trunking as a service and communicate those benefits to their customers, ESI created a free eBook, available online.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/ESI/SIPTrunking/prweb11932372.htm
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Student Entrepreneurs Get a Leg Up in Philly
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery