The main contractor of the
CCC is the main contractor on the project, having previously worked with the developer as part of a consortium on
The 2,000-capacity venue will be situated in the shadow of the Burk Khalifa, in
It will be used for opera, theatre, concerts, art exhibitions, orchestra, film, sports events and seasonal programmes and is being developed by Emaar, which has said it will be the centerpiece of a new district to promote the arts, culture and events scene in
"It's a really challenging but exciting project, as it is in a really prime location, and we're moving in the right direction. The work has already begun and the concrete works will happen soon," said
"I think the proper form of the opera house will begin to become apparent in 12 months, and it will be finished in around 24 months."
Kader also predicted that a number of infrastructure projects will soon begin in
"Infrastructure is the next phase; the Metro will have to be extended, the motorways will have to be expanded, and that will bring related drainage works. Then there are all the utilities that will come with that – power, IT, and so on – so it will be a full spectrum of work that will be undertaken.
"There is a lot going on and a lot of challenges that will have to be overcome, so
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'